- Specialist teacher assessments
- Diagnosis for specific learning difficulties
- Recommend appropriate remediation
- Assessments for Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs)
Work with LEA and Independent schools since 1996 and since 2002 work as an Assessor in two Specialist Dyslexia Units serving schools all over London and neighbouring counties. Assessments used for diagnosis, to inform future teaching plans and as evidence in the local authority statementing process and to support DSA applications.
Identification and diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties and all resulting difficulties with literacy acquisition, spelling, handwriting, study skills and low self esteem. Support for both individuals and training for schools.
All assessments are carried out using appropriate and recognised tests.
Students able to recognise their difficulties and gain appropriate support, including the DSA Allowances.
Age Range Covered
Seven to Adult.
- BSc Honours Geography, University of Exeter
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education, University of Exeter School of Education
- Hornsby Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties, Hornsby International Dyslexia Centre, London
- Associate Member of the British Dyslexia Association
- SpLD Assessment Practicing Certificate (no. 50000958-IF2853), PATOSS
Professional Bodies Membership
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (PATOSS) following the PATOSS Code of Ethics.
- National Association for Special Educational Needs