More than thirty years experience of working in LEA Schools, Independent schools, private practice, Further Education and a Specialist Dyslexia Unit serving schools all over London and neighbouring counties.
Educational Assessments and targeted individually specific teaching plus advice, consultancy and training for schools and parents.
Full range of Specific Learning Difficulties and all resulting difficulties with literacy acquisition, spelling, handwriting, study skills and low self esteem. Support for both individuals and training for schools.
Assessments and Lessons
All assessments are carried out using appropriate and recognised tests; all lessons are individually tailored to the needs of the student.
Consistent and positive feedback from students and their families. Many of my students progress on to Higher Education.
Age Range Covered
Children and Adults. (DBS checked and approved)
BA, Cert Ed, OCR Dip SpLD, AMBDA, SpLD APC, Reading Recovery, Sounds Write, Phonographix, Handwriting Without Tears.
Professional Bodies Membership
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (PATOSS) following the PATOSS Code of Ethics.
What people say …
- Jan’s expertise and her calm, good natured approach over many years has been key to creating the confident young man he is today…
- Life would have been difficult without her & I wouldn’t be here now doing a degree …
- Our involvement with Jan considerably improved our understanding of dyslexia and helped us to respond to and navigate the challenges…
- She helped build his self esteem and he passed his English sats exams in year 6. All of this happened without my son being aware of how much he was learning…
- My daughter now understands and believes that she is not slow or stupid and simply faces a particular challenge in translating her thoughts onto the page…